Saturday, May 29, 2021

Sun is back

After yesterday's dreary day  of  3/4 inch of rain and wind, we are back into sunshine, however, it is still cold.   Warmer days are coming so the forecast indicates.

Saturday, laundry currently twisting and turning in the washing machine and dryer.  In about an hour that will be all taken care of and put away.  After finishing this post, some housework needs to be done, you know the usual jobs, dusting, tidying up, watering house plants etc. etc.  Woman's work is never done.  By that time it will be lunchtime and after lunch I am in my sewing room, did not get there yesterday, for some reason or other.  

Should also think about dinner, how does BBQ ribs, baked potato with sour cream and chives, broccoli and cole slaw sound.   Also, thinking about making a peach pie with vanilla ice cream.  Oh!! my goodness I am hungry already.  So dinner all taken care, well the thinking part of it is.    

We have a robin building her nest on the down spout of the house, just on the other side of the side awning on the balcony.  Can't wait to hear the chirping of the little ones when she brings in their food.  That won't be for a little while yet, though. 

The garden is looking a lot better now it has had a good drink of water.  Unfortunately the weeds also like the rain too, but the ground is just a bit to damp for getting out there to pull them, plus it is too cold for me to be comfortable.  There are days coming soon which will make it a little nicer to be outside working.  That is my excuse for today and I am sticking to it.

Well that laundry is calling me, so better get at it.

Have a wonderful day.



2 comments:

  1. "A woman's work is never done." ... no truer words spoken in the history of mankind. Or should I say womankind. :-) Your day sounds like it's going to be perfect, Pat. Enjoy. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I'd send sunshine, now where's our rain that you promised to send? ;)

    Ribs with taters and slaw sounds like a perfectly delicious weekend dinner, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...