Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Dreary day

I had something pop up on my FB page today.

Do you know why this month is called May?

It may be hot,

It may be cold,

It may be sunny,

It may be raining,

Sums it up as far as I am concerned as we have another dreary day.   One of those days where my energy level just falls.  It is also cold and windy, and the forecast is not better for the next few days.


Needed something to bring a smile to my face today, so looked at my quilting projects and found this one which makes be happy.   It is a fabric art wall hanging I made several years ago.  It is time for me to hang it up in my kitchen again for the Summer.  

It was a challenge my quilting guild had, we were given seven pieces of batik fabric which we had to use in a design of our choice.  This is mine.

We have several bird houses in our back garden and one is currently we prepared by  Wrens so that a family can be raised there.  


I was able to get 9 placemat tops done, sandwiched with batting and quilted yesterday, going to cut the binding for them today and hopefully get some of it sewed on so that I can sit and watch 'TV and hand sew it to the back at the same time.  Don't like just sitting and looking at the "box", though I must admit  I am getting quite good at doing that these days.   Not me at all, age catching up?  possibly.

This coming Sunday, May 9th is Mother's Day here in Canada.  My Mum has been gone now for two years, I miss speaking with her and telling her what the family is doing.  

The first photo of her is when she was 100 years old, the second photo is a fabric art picture I made from this photo.


Dinner tonight, not sure what meat we are going to have, there are a few meat balls in a sauce that need to be used up will have to think about using them.  Veg and salad is also on the menu and last night I made chocolate mousse and there are two portions of that left.


 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the weather, hope it brightens up soon. That birdhouse piece you made is gorgeous and you did such a nice job on the fabric art of your mother. 100 years old, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My Mother was in her 102nd year when she passed two years ago. Today, when flowers arrived for Mother's Day, from daughter #1. I had a major breakdown, this was the first time I have done this, even when she passed I was not like I was today. Thanks for listening, I needed to tell someone. Hugs
      Stay well.

      Delete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...