Monday, May 10, 2021

Finally

 Yes we have sunshine, but the wind is still cold, hoping it will warm up later in the day.  The forecast for the week is looking better with more of the same weather as we have today, but getting warmer up to normal temps for this time of the year.

Yesterday, my son and DIL came for a distance visit, the first time I have seen them for a long, long time.  They were going to have a distance visit for their grand daughters second birthday.  They both have had their first shot and only go out when absolutely necessary.  My son works from home and DIL is retired.  They are both avid golfers, so suffering from the lack of going out to play every week.

My youngest daughter had advised there was going to be a delivery on Saturday for Mothers Day, it did not arrive, however, yesterday shortly after 6:00 p.m. a large box of flowers were delivered.  The address was incorrect, therefore could be the reason for the non delivery on the previous day and the flowers must have been in the box for a long time without water and looked almost dead.  Immediately they were put in water and I advised daughter they had arrived and the condition they were in.  Over night they have perked up a bit, but apparently daughter is going to call them and complain. Other than that it was a quiet day, too cold to really do anything outside comfortably so I did some hand sewing on the place mats while watching the tube with Hubby.

Tomorrow I am planning to take a trip to the garden center and purchase some annuals, not putting them in the ground just yet, it is much too early but last year there was not much left to choose from when I went after May 24th.  With people staying home, a lot of them have taken up gardening, so plants go very quickly.

Dinner tonight, Swedish meatballs in mushroom sauce, with pasta.   We still have some rice pudding left, so that will be dessert.

 


1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh Pat, how truly disappointing about your flowers!!!! I hope your daughter gets some resolve when she contacts them and perhaps they'll send out more flowers. They SHOULD, let's put it that way. I'm glad you got a distanced visit with your son & DIL for Mother's Day. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...