Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Bright, but clouds are looming.

 So far today we have had some nice bright sunshine, but it is really quite cold for this time of the year.  Clouds keep coming and going, and there is a forecast of some showers.  This could be the coldest day this week, as it is to warm up starting tomorrow.

Up early for our grocery shopping this morning, again not many shoppers, which is just fine with us.  We tend to buy much of the same food each week, just wish there was something different to spark up my meals.  I tend to get into a rut making the same thing.   There was a recipe in the news paper on Saturday, for Oatmeal apple muffins which sounded good, so bought extra apples today to try it out.   Making them this afternoon.

The flowers that daughter #2 gave me for Mothers day look better than they did after have a long drink of water, however, some will not open into a full bloom as I believe they were picked too early.  Anyway, she called the florist and was told that the Company that sent the flowers stole the orders for a lot of their customers and there was little she could do. How this would happen I don't know. But, she was also told the florist had run out of flowers, so they could have forwarded orders to the other company.   I suggested to daughter, this was a learning lesson, contact the store directly by phone and not do it on line for future purchases.  

Because I am not driving as many miles as I was, I received a rebate cheque in the mail for part of my insurance  costs, so need to go to the bank, (no, I do not do banking on line) to deposit it.  Then I think a trip to the garden center is on my to do list.

A couple of days ago I filled up the hummingbird and oriole feeders and put them in the garden.  As I am sitting here writing I heard the familiar call of the oriole and there he was sitting on the balcony railing announcing he arrival in the neighborhood and then went straight to the feeder.  They are such beautiful birds.  Hoping the warmer weather will soon bring the hummingbirds too.

Dinner tonight, Tuesday chicken veg and salad. and an oatmeal muffin for dessert?



1 comment:

  1. Glad you have some sunshine but hope it will have some warmth to go with it soon. Oatmeal apple muffins sound good, enjoy them and enjoy your errands today too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...