Sunday, May 23, 2021

Missed Posting

Yesterday was one of those days, where you worked all day and really accomplished nothing.   I did get to finish cleaning the downstairs entrance hall, scrubbed the floor and then put on a coat of finish.  Looks nice now its done, it has been waiting a long time for a good clean.  Laundry and some sewing done also, then it was time for dinner and usually I don't do much after that.  

We have been enjoying sitting out on the balcony with an evening drink, (lemonade) listening to the birds and watching the antics of the squirrels and chipmunks.  It does not sound like an exciting life, but that is OK for me at the present time.  

We had a shower yesterday morning, not enough to do much good just dampened the dust really.  We need a good soaking rain, I am sure the farmers need some moisture for the crops which have been planted recently.  It is still quite hot and somewhat humid, very breezy today, with showers and a thunderstorm possibly later in the day.  

The tomatoes we planted are looking good, no issues from being transplanted.  Different flowers are now starting to bloom in the gardens.  I try to plant flowers, both annuals and perennials so that we have some kind of flower blooming during the Summer. 

Hubby's finger is looking better, however, it seems to be getting in the way of things he does.  The nail will be coming off, so it is going to be a long time before it is back to normal.

Today is my son's birthday, how did he get that old.  Makes me feel like an old lady, but birthdays are only a number and really I do not feel my age.

Working on the final steps to complete the quilt for my youngest granddaughter.  She was suppose to get this quilt last year for her 18th birthday, but I hated working on the fabric of this quilt so with interest lacking in getting it finished it sat for a couple of months with nothing done to it.  It has been back from the longarm quilter for awhile and yesterday I made the label and cut the binding.  Today the binding will be sewn on with the machine and will be finished off with the hand sewing it down.  Her birthday is on June 5th. so lots of time to get it done.  I will show a photo when it is completed.

Last evening I sat for about an hour tweaking the first part of my biography.  There are so many questions I wish I had asked my parents, however, it is too late now.  Just have to rely on my memory of things that happened.  I still have my sister, however, she is 2 1/2 years younger than me, so she would not remember as much as I do.

Dinner tonight, steak on the BBQ, mudrooms, a veg not sure what kind yet and a salad.   Jelly and fruit for dessert,  


2 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like you've been keeping plenty busy. Happy birthday to your son. Enjoy your dinner and have a nice Sunday evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your son, Pat. Yes, the kids keep getting older but we don't age a bit, do we?!! :-D I haven't posted a blog entry since last Thursday... and I don't know why. Nothing to say, I suppose. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...