Friday, July 05, 2024

Home

 I went on my vacation. however did not have one.

Flew to Sweden, had an accident four hours into a tour and that was the end of holiday.

Spent 2 1/5 weeks in a Stockholm hospital, discharged when one of my daughters came to accompany me home.

Going to be a few weeks of recovery but expect to be as good as new eventually.

I am doing okay, when you are in your later years it does take a little bit longer to get back to the norm.

Just so glad I am home among family and familiar faces, being 7000 miles or more from home, alone in a foreign country is not a pleasant.

Cheers

have a great day.

 

7 comments:

  1. So glad you are home and on the road to recovery but what a shame to have your holiday ruined! I had something similar a few years ago in Spain but fortunately my hospital stay was short and, apart from considerable bruising, I was able to enjoy the rest of my holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have much energy, will get better as the days go by.

      Delete
  2. Oh Pat, that is terrible! How did you find the Swedish medical system? Hope you are recovering well and back to your routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a bit better not much energy. Cannot say anything bad about the hospital I was in, except the food, which is the norm for most hospitals. The language and my hearing aids not working as they should was difficult. Knowing my age, being in the country on my own all of the staff was great.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I am so sorry!!! What a horrible ordeal! I am glad you were treated well but it is not good being so far from home in this situation. So glad you are home. That in itself is good medicine. I send my best wishes for a quick return to good health but know this will take time for complete healing. I send you my love and a very big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey, Pat. What a terrifying experience for you.
    So glad you're back home now. Take it easy and heal well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a dreadful thing to have happened . I am sorry for your missed holiday and for the stress you must have felt ( and be still feeling )
    Better days will come
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete

Colours and Lee

Autumn this year is certainly providing a beautiful display of colours.    The trees are finally starting to change into the reds, oranges a...