Sunday, July 28, 2024

Watermelons

My youngest great granddaughter M was one year old yesterday,  and an outside family party was held to celebrate.  

The weather was perfect for a swim in the pool, unfortunately not for me though, but everyone else had a great time, even the birthday girl in her umbrella covered floaty.  

BBQ and salad was our late lunch, all served on the theme of the day, watermelon designed plates, cups and napkins.   A birthday cake designed to resemble a watermelon  and a mixed fruit salad for dessert.

To keep everyone hydrated throughout the afternoon slices of watermelon were always available along with a can of sparkling water with a watermelon flavour.

Watermelon is not one of my favorite fruits, I did however, have some as it was icy cold and went down nicely to cool me down.

I also stayed for a later dinner of pizza and a mixed salad, which was very nice.   Then it was almost time for the little ones to get ready for bed, so I said my goodnights and my son brought me home.

I had a lovely day, as I do not get to see all the people I saw as they are all so busy working and my son and DIL live a 2 hour drive away.  

A good time was had by all.

Have a great day.



Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where did the year go

 It has been a year since I moved into this apartment, I don't know where all that time went.   A lot has change, new furniture, some no...