Saturday, August 10, 2024

Hours twice a day

 As per the instructions from the Dr. yesterday I could start removing the neck brace for two hours morning and evening.   Today, will be the same, then as the days go by increase the hours until Aug 20th when I visit the hospital Dr again.

My neck has been immobile for eight weeks, being able to move it, even if it is only slightly, it is causing my muscles to shout out loud and clear even though I am not doing anything.  I know the pain will subside as the days go by, so do not complain.  That light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

We have sunshine again today, however, it is windy and somewhat cooler this morning, must be due to the humidity which has finally disappeared.  We are not rid of that yet as there is still some summer left.

This past week I have been out with two of the members of the quilting guild,  we visited a fabric shop and we all came through the door with a bag in our hand.  A lot of bright and colourful fabric, perfect for some people, however, not the kind I usually work with.    We then went for a delicious lunch and returned back home.

 DD2 took me to get some groceries, I will be happy to be able to get in my own car and come and go whenever I please.   I am an independent person and do not like to impose on so many people during these past couple of months.

Today, DD1 will be here so that I can have a shower without this brace so I will be able to give my neck a bit more of a wash.  In the afternoon going to a family BBQ.


Have a great day



Cheers.



2 comments:

  1. Good things are moving in the right direction. Time is a great healer. Stay well and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending wishes for a swift recovery
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Where did the year go

 It has been a year since I moved into this apartment, I don't know where all that time went.   A lot has change, new furniture, some no...