Thursday, August 15, 2024

Off longer

 Starting yesterday, today, Friday and Saturday my neck brace is off for four hours morning and evening, then Sunday and Monday off for five hours twice a day.  A Dr. visit on Tuesday and hoping I will be able to take it off and not have to put it on again. This is being done so my neck muscles get to work holding my  head instead of  it being held by the brace.   No movement has been done for over nine weeks, so those muscles are hurting, even though I am not allowed to do anything while it is off.  No pain no gain, so I am doing as I am told.  

My eldest granddaughter N is coming for a walk with me today.   She and her husband are both on vacation from work and having a staycation to do some jobs around their house.  It will be nice to have an hour or so of exercise with someone as I usually go by myself.  I have a certain speed when I walk and a lot of the people here in the apartment building are slow walkers stopping every once in awhile for their dogs.  There are a lot of dogs here, big ones, small ones and some even ride in a stroller!!

Yesterday would have been a birthday for my Mother, I cannot believe how fast the time has gone since she passed away.   Time just goes by much too fast.

Today is a nice sunny day, it will be getting humid later this afternoon, tomorrow much of the same then rain for the weekend.  We seem to be having a lot of that this summer.  Keeps all of the lawns nice and green, usually at this time of the year they are brown and nearly dead.

Tomorrow there is a festival of music, crafts and food at a local park, one that I have walked to in the past, so if the weather is still cooperating which the forecast indicates, I will be taking my daily walk out there to see and hear some of the entertainers, food and crafts.

Have a great day,


Cheers



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the Festival tomorrow, Pat, but don't overdo things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed the fact that you have to wear a neck brace. I am very sorry to know this. I will keep my fingers crossed that you won’t have to wear it again. Lovely that you will have your granddaughter’s company, and have a lovely time at the festival.

    ReplyDelete

Where did the year go

 It has been a year since I moved into this apartment, I don't know where all that time went.   A lot has change, new furniture, some no...