Friday, August 30, 2024

Autumn on the horizon

The days of August are all but finished, and it certainly feels as if summer is also coming to an end.  The cooler nights makes the day take more time to warm up.  Today, Friday we do have a lovely sunny day,  and even more in the coming days.  No more humidity to make the air heavy and feel uncomfortable.

This is a holiday weekend here, Labour day on Monday, then all the school children go back to school on Wednesday.   There was a report on the news last night, about shortening the summer holiday of July and August, to only one month.  It noted several reasons for this change, much too long to write here today.  Personally, I think it would be a great idea, however, there are others who may not agree.

For the past couple of days the weather has not been so hot and humid, so I have started walking again..  Yesterday, I did 2 1/2 kms in the evening, hoping to do the same today.  Those extra steps are certainly needed as for the past three months have not done too much to burn off those calories and it certainly shows up on the bathroom scales.  

This evening is happy hour in my apartment building, now that I am on the mend, I will attend and may even take a G and T with me.  Saturday, DD2 is taking me grocery shopping, and either Sunday or Monday may have a chance to visit my sister.  Then on Wednesday the quilting guild I belong to starts up the monthly meetings.  Then on Saturday, next weekend, I finally get my hair cut.  I look as if I have been dragged through the hedge backwards.

Have a great day



Cheers

3 comments:

  1. That’s such a lovely header photo, very pretty! I won’t be unhappy to see the back of the humid days and am enjoying the fresh mornings with the windows wide open. It seems like our schools have gone back to school earlier but can’t be sure. I remember feeling surprised to see the high school parking lot full of student cars when I drove by last week. Good for you on the walking. I miss mine but my sprained knee is still feeling too sore. Soon I hope! My hair sounds the same as yours. I really do need to get into the hair dressers. Looks like you have a busy time coming up, enjoy and wishing you a happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Fall weather, BUT it always means Winter will be coming.
      Feeling more like myself, soon I will be able to drive my car, so that I can do more for myself and not rely of others.

      Delete
  2. The news on Radio 4 has confirmed that the UK has had its wettest and coldest summer in 15 years - and it feels like it ! It has rained in the South West for the last few days , and the children have started going back to school . Glad to hear that you are doing better - enjoy that G and T !
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Where did the year go

 It has been a year since I moved into this apartment, I don't know where all that time went.   A lot has change, new furniture, some no...