Thursday, August 29, 2024

Feeling as if I am alive

It has been a long, long haul for me this summer, however, I am finally feeling as if I am alive.  I have some energy.

Gradually exercising my neck and shoulders to make them strong again, so many muscles must have been immobile for so long, as even a different movement makes them scream a bit.   

Since I have been home not much housework has been done, not that I needed a lot,  but I like to keep on top of all the jobs on a regular basis.  On Tuesday, I decided it was bathroom clean day, top to bottom, cupboards and floor, needless to say, I might have over did it even though it took me most of the day.  I recovered and did some sewing yesterday.  I made the block required for out quilting guild as our meetings start up again next week.

On Monday, I took another Covid test and it was negative.  All through the time I had Covid, there was a terrible metal taste in my mouth, today, it is finally gone.  Now, if I could finally get rid of the occasional bouts of coughing,  all would be good in my world.  This coughing has improved considerably, so hope in a few more days it will be gone.

I keep telling myself, I am very fortunate to be here, getting better every day, even though there have been set backs during the past three months.  It is great to be alive.


Have a great day


Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude, Pat! That will take you a long way into making a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine trying to cough with a broken neck!
    You have been through the wringer but haven't lost your positivity. I can think of many young 'uns who could take a page out of your bool.

    ReplyDelete

Where did the year go

 It has been a year since I moved into this apartment, I don't know where all that time went.   A lot has change, new furniture, some no...