Saturday, May 15, 2021

Little Biters

 Gardening is my hobby/pastime during every season, except Winter, of course.  I love being outside, but there is one thing that I hate,  it is the bugs.  They think of me as a  high end buffet eating me alive.  At this time of the year it is little black flies.  They are the kind that love getting into the warm places on my head.  In my hair, around the back of my ears and on my neck.  They leave little holes where they bite and then a short time later I have huge welts where they bit.  Out comes the antihistamine  which is helpful, which I had to use yesterday.

Several years ago I was going to a reunion with my DD 2 and her family, during the trip we decided to stop and have our picnic lunch.  Finding a roadside area, we began to get everything ready, however, the bugs were so bad we packed up and ate in the car.  In the meantime, they dined on me. I had so many bites there were no wrinkles on my forehead, and my hair was lifted somewhat like a bouffant hair do.   Learned my lesson from that episode  and now wear a netted hat in the garden.  I look like the green monster from the black lagoon but I don't care, it does the trick and keeps the bugs off of me.  Working in the garden today, that was head gear of choice.

The weather today, could not make up it's mind what to do, really hot and sunny this morning and cloudy and cool during the afternoon, however, the forecast is looking fantastic for the next week.

Gardening for me as I mentioned, Hubby puttered, he is feel his age today, due to all of the manual labour he has been doing at his daughter's  Tomorrow is going to be a day of resting.

Dinner tonight was BBQ'd steak, riced cauliflower, stuffed mushrooms and Cole slaw, lemon pie for dessert.

Have a great Sunday.

.

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture you out there in your netted hat, but hey whatever works! I'm glad you two are taking a rest day tomorrow - enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...