Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Brolly Day

 Slight fog in the air when we got up shortly after 6 a.m. but  it soon turned to rain, and it appears that is going to be our weather for the day and several other days later this week.  

We were up early for grocery day, only one other person shopping in the store this morning.  As we arrive the staff is still stocking the fruit and the veg. sections.  Many times in the past I have needed to ask for certain items not on the shelves yet.  I have done that so many times, the staff know just what I am looking for which is usually grapes and at this time of the year asparagus, so they go into the storage room and bring out fresh for us.  The store is located in a complex of high rise apartments which house a lot of seniors, it is small so it does not take too long to complete our grocery list.  I would like to go to a bigger store for the opportunity to see more selections of items, but at this uncertain time  I am just happy to go to this one.  Last week there were men erecting the temporary garden center in the park  lot, no plants in it today, but it is still early for that.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon in the sewing studio, making placemats for our quilting guild project, three completed,  three quilted and the remaining six waiting for quilting, which I hope to get done this afternoon. Not sure what Hubby will get up to today.

Dinner tonight chicken baked potato, asparagus, dessert lemon cake which needs to be taken out of the freezer.


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with a lot of people in the store, I go nice and early too for the same reason. It's nice that the clerks know what you want and bring it out fresh for you. Happy sewing again today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store is from a big chain, however, due to its location they only stock the most purchased products. This is just fine for me at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I personally love small grocery stores... the smaller the better for me. I remember when our local Meijers grocery store was built. My Mom was still alive then and she said "Boy, they sure don't think of us elderly folks when they build these grocery stores as big as airport hangars, do they?!" It's true. To get to the dairy section seems miles away and then another couple miles to get to the toothpaste. I love the idea of a grocery store being located right in the complex with apartments. All they need now is a coffee shop & I'd move there!!! :-D ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dairy, meat and bread are located at the back of the store for a reason...yu need to pass everything else and therefore see something you really did not need but buy anyway. Crafty merchandising.

      Delete
  3. Hope the sun comes up soon but I do love the rains. Our little grocery stores are dwindling as they have to compete with the mini marts and supermarts. Isn't is nice to go in and have a chat with the owners as they gladly bring out what you need, Can't get this service in a supermarket. Busy with quilting, I can't sew, I just mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will not be seeing the sun for a few days I am afraid. The store is a small one from a big grocery chain. Not any little grocery stores here any more, just corner convenience stores that stock mostly snack items. I hate mending, but it does need to be done sometimes.

      Delete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...