Thursday, May 27, 2021

Chilly

 Yesterday's rain took all of the humidity out of the air, and it cooled down very quickly, all windows closed before we went to bed and during the night the furnace came on, which was very welcomed when we crawled out of bed.   Only 8*C outside when we got up this morning, but the promise of blue skies and sunshine, before we get some more rain tomorrow.

Even though it rained  for quite a long time yesterday, we only got 3\4 of an inch in the rain gauge.  Along with the rain tomorrow, the ground should be well watered and encourage the farmers crops and my garden to grown.  Everything seems to do so much better in the garden when it is watered with the rain, as apposed to the hose pipe water.  It must be the chemicals which are put in it to make it safe to drink.

I have a love hate relationship with Summer, I love the sunshine and being outside without having to bundle up in layers of clothing to keep me warm.  I hate it because of the bugs, the black flies seem to have had their "season" and now we are into mosquitoes.  They love me, seek me out and bite.  I have welts of red spots on my arms at the present time.  Antihistamine tablets and spray keep the uncomfortable itching at bay.  Gardening needs to be done during the day, when evening starts to close in they come out in droves and find me.  Hubby can be out for hours and not get one single bite.  Why do they love me?  Good blood, bad blood? I wish I knew.  Do biting bugs like you?   

This afternoon I have an appointment at the hearing clinic for a consultation on the possibility of getting new hearing aids.  The ones I have currently are 6 1/2 years old, way past their life expectancy, adjustments have been made over those years,  but I suspect they cannot be adjusted any more.  I hope to be able to get a pair that eliminate the background noise more than the ones in use now.  Plus, they are not cheap,  but the Ontario Health  Insurance Plan (OHIP) and the extra health plan I have should cover half of the cost.  

Tonight is my quilting guild's Zoom meeting, so looking forward to that.  Hopefully, we will soon have an in person meeting, as it has been a long time since that happened.  

Dinner tonight spaghetti bolognese  and ceasar  salad.  Dessert ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...