Saturday, May 01, 2021

Calm & Horrified

All day yesterday it was very windy, small branches, leaves and flowers came off the trees on the estate.  When we went to bed it was a bit better, and this morning we have beautiful blue skies, sunshine and calm winds.  But it is cold again, only 10*C as I write this.

May 1st.  

Birthstone:  Emerald

Who first beholds the light of day,

In Spring's sweet flowery month of May,

And wears an emerald all her life,

Shall be loved and happy wif


In 1931 Empire State Building opened in New York.

I have a lot of birthdays this month, two great grands are going to be 2 years old, my grand DIL, son and sister.

The above takes care of the word Calm, now the Horrified.

In both or our convertibles we have installed dog barriers (we do not have a dog)  but these barriers fit between the two front seats so that dogs do not jump from the back to the front.  We use them as a wind deflector when we are out in the late evening, it keeps us warmer.  Works like a charm. They are attached by straps, one was broken, yesterday Hubby was repairing it.  He decided to straighten the strap first, so came into my sewing room and plugged in the iron.  The next thing he is running into the kitchen for a knife!!!  Suspicious of his actions I go into my sewing studio and there is black melted plastic on the iron, knife and water all over the ironing board.  Now, to a sewer like myself my ironing board and iron are sacred, do not touch, just like my fabric cutting scissors.

"What in the h#%ll are you doing?" His reply, "Straightening the strap" .  The water came from the iron when he tipped it up to look at the plastic on the plate.  The plastic from the strap was all over the iron, what a mess.   Anyway it was cleaned up with no problem and we had a good laugh at the mess he had made.  It is an older iron that was his late wife's, mine had to be thrown out, as it did not shut off just kept on getting hotter.  Until the stores are open I am using this one, I need to purchase a new one. 

Hubby is now out cutting the grass, as we are forecast rain for the four days.  

Laundry is currently whirling around the the washing machine and dryer.  The housework is going to start getting done when this is finished.

Dinner ??? I am sure we will find something, Oh! how I wish to go out tonight and have a nice dinner.



4 comments:

  1. Pat, my mouth hung more & more open the longer I read your entry today! Oh. My. Word. I'm glad the damage was not more serious but boy... talk about getting your heart pumping good. Egads! Calm & horrified... on the opposite ends of the spectrum, which is exactly what you experienced! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all ended just fine in the end but I began to worry when I saw the mess.

      Delete
  2. The calm sounds nice, the horrified not so much. Thankful the damage wasn't worse! How about take out from a good restaurant for tonight? Either way, have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take out sounds like a good idea but, we do not do take out. We always go in to dine, that cannot be done at the present time.
      Have a great weekend also.

      Delete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...