Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Holiday Monday??

 As I have mentioned previously this past weekend was a stat holiday in Canada, Victoria Day was yesterday the reason for the long weekend.  However, no lazing around for us, it was cooler, so I tackled the weeds in the garden, and fertilized all of the flowers and tomatoes that were recently potted and planted.  Lunch, and then cleaned the large bedroom and hallway, which is never used, so how does it get so dirty?  Because it is in the basement, there is always those pesky spiders.  

Later in the day I sat and did some hand sewing and watch the coming and goings of the hummingbirds and yellow finch.  Such beautiful birds.

We have a huge Copper Beech tree in the front garden, it is s beautiful tree but very messy.  We have gone through the fall of the leaf casings, and the flowers have just finished falling.  They were coating the driveway, and Hubby picked up two of the garden paper recycle bags full.  Both of these things tracked into the house on our clothes and shoes now matter how carefully we tried to removed them and also take our shoes off, so I was forever cleaning the kitchen floor.   Later in the year it will be the nuts that we need to pick up.  

We watched the PGA golf on Sunday, so the dinner I had planned did not happen, we had pizza, which was nice anyway.

My son had a great birthday, he was able to get  in a round of golf because the provincial government opened up a lot of sport activities.   He also mentioned he needed to get into the hot tub after to sooth those muscles that have been inactive for too many months.  

The sun is shining and it is getting hot again, so I will not be doing too much in the way of physical activities today.  I find the hot humid weather is affecting me as I age.   

Dinner tonight, chicken, (it must be Tuesday), all the days seem the same.  Maybe some rice and asparagus.   We still have a bit of fruit and jelly left so dessert all taken care of too.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a productive day. The hot humid weather really affects me now too, I dread the summer here in Florida. So glad your son had a nice birthday. Have a great afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day for you, I got tired reading you do ALL those chores in one day. I had a full day yesterday too washing, drying in the sun and changing bedsheets, mattress protectors and blankets. I have given up on weeding and my tomato plants only has leaves, no tomatoes. I think it is too hot here, 32 C now and 90% humidity. I don't think you will like it here!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...