Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Rain.....

After days and days of promised rain, which incidentally did not happen, this morning we have showers, and it is cooler.  The air smells of damp soil and it is not as heavy with the humidity.  We will have a rude awakening tomorrow, because a cold front is approaching and the high temp for the day is predicted to be 15*C.  The last few days it has been in the low 30's *C and feeling even hotter with the humidity.   Ho Hum,,,, ,Canadian weather for sure.   

We have two hanging baskets of flowers on the balcony, as we were eating out lunch yesterday, I heard a little cracking sound, but thought nothing of it, as the tree branches are forever doing that in the breeze.  Then there was another and one of the baskets fell to the ground, smashing the base of the pot, but not harming the plants.  The heavy hanging rope we had been using broke.  To hang the plant back up again, we needed a new pot, having none, I went to the garden center to see if they had another I could purchase.  They did, however, they were not the same colour.   As Hubby and I are perfectionist to a degree  the pots had to match, so to solve the problem I purchased another planter with the coloured pot we needed, planted the plant in that pot to the garden and repotted the hanging plants into the new pot.  Our pots match and we are now happy.  The funny part of this whole episode is, when the plants grow they hang down and cover the pot anyway, so it really doesn't matter what colour they are,  BUT  WE KNOW.

Today is an inside day, two bathrooms need a clean, and sewing is on the agenda.

I have mentioned previously about the quilt I am finishing for my youngest grand daughter, it is almost finished and took a photo of it yesterday.   There is still a small strip of binding that needs to be sewn down, that will be done today.  The pattern represents propellers and jet planes in formation, and they are all three D, which means all of the fabric making those triangles (in quilters language they are called ("Flying Geese")  is not sewn down.  I chose this pattern as GD is finally starting her first year of ground flight training at college in September.  Then on to another, for an additional three years of actual flight training to earn her pilots license.


Dinner tonight is leftover, with a salad and additional veg.  Dessert not sure yet.  

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. That quilt is absolutely marvelous, Pat. Thank you for the preview of the finished product. I love the colors! I'm sorry your hanging basket broke but I'm happy the plant could be salvaged. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...