Thursday, October 01, 2020

Sunshine...temporarily

This morning we have some lovely sunshine, however, the forecast is indicating increasing clouds and rain and thundershowers this afternoon.

Because of the forecast I decided to do my walk this morning, and also took a new route.  Usually I walk in the neighbourhood, but went though the fields opposite our house.  These fields are owned by the University, I am sure they are slated for buildings in the future, however, at the present time they have been planted with wild flowers.  Since the Spring they have had flowers blooming, at the present time it is full of the yellow Goldenrod and purple Aster's.  All of the Queen Ann's Lace is finished as are the Black Eyed Susan's/  After everything has been hit with the frost, everything will be cut down.

This area is home to a lot of wild life, deer, rabbits squirrels, birds and insects.  Today I interrupted a hawks lunch, a rabbit, the hawk circled around until I had moved some distance away.

I like walking at this time of the year its not hot and love the smell  and the crunch of the leaves, there are a  lot of them turning colour now and falling.  Years ago when we were allowed to burn our leaves, I loved the small of those too.  

Yesterday we had a lot of rain in the afternoon so it was a sewing time for me, wanting to finish the challenge quilt, should get it finished today, so that I can get on with one for my GD.  

Not sure what is for dinner tonight, we do have some left over roast pork to use up, broccoli and salad sounds like it might be that today.  I made a blueberry crumble and there is some of that left over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...