Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Windy

We had showers overnight and into the morning, and it cleared somewhat, so now we have a mixture of sun and clouds. However, it is very windy, bringing down small branches from the trees across the street.  Its coming from a north west direction so it is a cold one, even though the temp is 17*C.  Will be busy picking up leaves and the never ending beech nuts tomorrow.

Yesterday was the perfect time for me to plant 50 daffodil bulbs, now I cannot wait until Spring to the the rewards of my efforts.   It is, however, a long way off I am afraid. Today  I do feel a few muscles that I did not know I had.

Cleaned the entire basement of the house today.  We live near a University and in the past my Hubby rented two rooms and a kitchenette to students. we still have those rooms in the house.  They are not used much these days, so a few cobwebs accumulate, so today was the day for a full clean.  Where do those pesky little spiders come from anyway.  Opened windows for some fresh air, so not all spic and span.

Hubby had a successful Dr's appointment yesterday, but does have to go back again next week  for a minor surgery that can be done in the office.

Going into the sewing room after finishing this post.

Dinner tonight, salmon, asparagus and a salad, fruit and jelly for dessert, might just include a dollop of whip cream. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those daffodils will be wonderful come spring. I'd like to plant some bulbs too but it seems the wildlife always eat them before they have a chance to bloom. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...