Friday, October 23, 2020

Window view

Posting a lot later than I had hoped to do, but here I am.   

Today was a glorious day, sunshine and temps feeling like 28*C, a perfect day to get the last minute chores done, because we are forecast rain and more rain for the next few days.  Hubby cleaned out the gutters at the front of the house, the ones in the back are covered with a left protector as they are much too high for anyone to reach.  I watched to make sure he did not fall from the ladder, don't know what he expects me to do,,, catch him....I told him I was there to call 911.  He had a good laugh about that one.  We then had our last lunch on the balcony then took in the furniture and removed the awning  for the Winter.  It was such a beautiful day we went for a short drive, possibly the last one in the convertible.  We we were returning home the radio weather forecast indicated we would be getting severe thunderstorms  and a possible tornado early this evening, and as the clouds were being to come in, we decided to make it a direct trip home, instead of a scenic one.

As I am writing this, 6:45 p.m. it is raining, thunder and lightening and high winds, weather man was right for a change.

Hubby cooked a steak for dinner before it rained, it was so good.

Went to my quilting meeting last night to celebrate 20 years we have been getting together.  We were going to do such fantastic things to celebrate but due to the virus we really had to tone it down.  We all had a good night with friends, so that was good.

So, here is the view from my window this morning, it is our back yard.  To the right is a long shaded garden, to the left there is a hillside garden, with shrubs, perennial flowers, a few rocks and some annuals that bloomed in the Summer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...