Sunday, October 04, 2020

Grey day

 Looks as if we had some rain overnight and showers continue this morning and it is cool only 8*C thank goodness there is no wind which would make it very miserable.

Had a nice visit with DD1, SNL, GD2 and four of her children yesterday.  We were all outside during the visit to celebrate Mia's third birthday.   Mia is a beautiful little girl and loved the new pink clothes we gave her,  It is  her favorite colour, who doesn't love pink.  The maple tree in the back garden is loosing all its leaves, so a great time was had playing in them and stuffing clothes for a scare crow.  Where they get all of their energy is beyond me, guess I forget how active my kids use to be.  We sat under an enclosed canopy because, the wind was cool, so it was quite comfortable when the sun came out and warmed the canvas walls.   Ice cream cake with candles and she blew all of them out, there were some additional candles as DD1 had her birthday Sept 30, it was delicious.  

Making arrangements with my long arm quilter to pick up the baby quilt she has done for me.  Hopefully I can do that tomorrow, while Hubby is at his Dr. appointment.  Note to self....remind him to ask about flu shots.  

Roast beef for dinner tonight I think, along with some cauliflower which needs to be used and also a butternut squash, salad and dessert not sure yet, something light is in order.  Fruit in jelly, sounds good to me.  

Chat tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...