Monday, February 28, 2022

A happy Grandma

It does not take much to make me happy these days.  I received a telephone call from my youngest Granddaughter "C". She is 19 years old and in her first year of college, taking flight training.  The first year is all book work which she is having to do at home due to Covid, the following years are actually learning to fly, even though she has two pilot licences already for a glider and Cesner.  These years will be learning on bigger and more sophisticated planes.  

She will be moving to another city quite a long way from home so needs to find accomodation.   She called today to tell me she has found a place to live during the school year starting in May.  The shocker for me was when she said she is moving into a house with six boys, she does not know any of them.  Oh!! my goodness.  

She has a good head on her shoulders and will be able to take care of herself.   I am sure of that.  She sounded so excited, so pleased for her.   There will be things needed so we have commited to towels, etc, plus a tea kettle and toaster so far, and will help her with anything like these small items she needs to set up some sort of a home.  A happy Grandma is me today.

We did absolutely nothing today, took a couple of hours to do our monthly financial stuff we do every month and then watched the happenings in the Ukraine.   How these women are coping is beyond me.   Having to leave male family members behind is unimaginable, not knowing if they will ever see them again.   

   

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Grandma, that your granddaughter called to share her news with you!

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...