Tuesday, February 08, 2022

New Grocery Store

Today I decided to try another grocery store than the usually one I go to.  This store has been in town for a long time, but I have never gone there to get the weekly groceries.  So today was the day.  

It is a lot bigger so more space to keep your distance from staff restocking the shelves and other shoppers, however, I was not very impressed with it.  Don't get me wrong it was a very nice store, very clean and tidy, all the shelves were full, which is a little different from my usual place to go.   But, it carried different brands that I use, did not even stock some of the items I normally get, so I was not very happy with my experience there.  Having said that they did carry the "no sugar" jello powder I use all the time, so will drop in there once in awhile just to pick up them and some other low sugar items.   Next week back to my original grocery.

We had a beautiful sunny day, cold but nice just the same.   A little different weather forecast for the next few days, which includes snow.

We have a bathroom downstairs, (in the basement area),  it is in dire need of a makeover, even if it just some paint.  The wallpaper has been on for a long time, as it was starting to lift at the edges.   So today I started to strip off all the wallpaper, it is coming off very easy which is good.  Hubby is partial to wallpaper, he says it give the room some colour, which I agree it does,  however, it does not stand up to well to the moisture in a bathroom, even with an exhaust fan on.   As it is not my house I really can't tell him what to do, but  I do put my two cents worth in,   so....... we will have  a discussion ......paint or wallpaper.

I was talking to DD2 today, and asking her if her DD1 who lives in Ottawa is affected by the standoff with the trucks.  Apparently, she is disturbed from the horns that keep blowing on and off from the trucks.   She does not have to pass them to get to the lab, but does skate down to the College on the Rideau Canal.  Both DD2's daughters will be skiing this weekend at different ski lodges.  I nice to hear that both of them are active in the Winter and not studying all the time.

Dinner tonight chicken, asparagus , and nice it was too.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of skating to work. I am not a fan of wallpaper. The previous owners papered the hallway to cover up dodgy plaster then painted it. I am not sure what to do with it as it's starting to peel but I am convinced we will find another expensive fix underneath it.

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...