Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Wallpaper/paint

I did errands today, one included a trip to the paint and wallpaper store.   So many sample books to choose from, had to get some help just to find certain books for a bathroom.   Sample books were piled high on the table around which was a couple of chairs,  imagine bar type stools with a back.  I am five foot nothing, climbing on one of those things is almost impossible for me without help and getting off, well not even going there it's just like comedy hour.   Do people really put these designs on their walls, some were just awful, black with silver butterflies, boards with paint peeling off, what happened to those beautiful floral designs. Did find a couple I liked, but  to put them on the wall you had to first put the paste on the wall and them more on the paper.   We used to do that years ago a big step back if you ask me.  Then I almost choked when I was told the price of a double roll.   On top of that amount was the paste and obviously we do not have the brush to put it on, so we would need to get one of those.   We are painting, a better choice in my opinion.   

Beautiful sunny day, and milder temps tomorrow.

When my Mother was in a nursing home, I made a couple of quilts for a raffle to raise funds for the residents to go for trips out for a couple of hours.   The restrictions are starting to open up, so I contacted one of the staff at the nursing home and asked if they would be interested in another quilt for a raffle.  Now looking for a pattern etc. for a quilt to be given to the nursing home.

Dinner tonight was chicken asparagus and a small bake potato.  


  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked at a wallpaper book in years... probably decades, if the truth be known. I can only imagine the cost of wallpaper these days and as you said, you have to include the paste too. I always used to apply the paste with one of those foam sponge brushes so that part was always cheap... and I'd just throw it away after I was done. I think you're smart in painting instead. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...