Friday, February 18, 2022

Chickadees

We have a bird feeder in our front garden so can see the coming and goings of many species of birds which stay here all Winter.  One that is always there is the black  capped chickadee,  as shown here.

They are so quick, darting here and there taking seeds and storing them in hiding places for the future.   If, a person is very patient they will eventually eat out of your hand, which I am going to try to do when the weather improves.  I am patient.

I am mentioning the chickadee as I am in the process of doing a small wall hanging of chickadees on a branch full of  pink blossoms.  Some time ago I did one with a cardinal with a pattern purchased on the designers web site.  I loved the process so much I am designing my own, hoping it turns out OK.  You will get to see a picture when it is done, however, it might be a little while yet.

We had the rain, freezing rain and six inches of snow when we woke this morning.   Beautiful sunshine all day, but cold.   At six p.m. tonight it was still daylight   Whoop Ppy.

Salmon and cauliflower cheese and salad for dinner tonight, nice if I do say so myself.



3 comments:

  1. I've never seen a chickadee even though they are supposedly here in Florida, I may be too far south. Glad you had some sunshine today and hope all has been well in your world. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love-love-love salmon and so does youngest daughter... but hubby hates it. He'll eat it but not without an "upside down smile" when he finds out what we're having for dinner. *haha* I love black capped chickadees. They come by the dozens to eat here in our yard too and they're song is so distinct. Stay warm, Pat! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chickadees are so lovely. I just want to squish it!

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...