Monday, February 14, 2022

Cold.....Better

 Wow, the moon was really bright and the clear sky made it  get cold last night-17*C, with the wind it felt more like the high minus 20's.  Glad I did not need to go out.  Woke this morning to bright sunshine and blue skies, still cold but the sun makes you have a happy face.   Yes, my face is happier today.   

As I get older I find my body does not work as well as it use to.  Not just the muscles etc. but the inside workings as well.  Won't go into the shitty details but the bathroom breaks are not like they use to be.  Even trying to consume the proper food it does not seem to help.  I know one thing which does help me is walking, so it's a toss up...walk and possible slip on the ice and break a bone or worse or go to the pharmacy for something to help the process.   So.. my bad mood was likely cause from my problem.

Valentines day, when Hubby and I first got together we gave each other a card with lovely words that express how we felt.   Every year since, we give each other the same card with additional words that express how we feel about each other.  

Last week, Hubby's car was rear ended while stopped at a red light, the drives certainly was not looking where she was going.   At the present time, he is at the body shop getting an estimate on the cost of repair.   Thank goodness he was not hurt.   The insurance will take care of the costs, so that is also good.

Have no idea what we will have for dinner tonight, so must go and rummage in the freezer to see what strikes my fancy.  

Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I take something called "Complete Gut Health" by the company Mary Ruth's. It's got a prebiotic, probiotic, and postbiotic in it plus fiber. I don't know if you'd be able to get it where you are, Pat, but it's worth a try. It would be great for your gut health.

    Also, I bought myself something called a "bike pedal exerciser" by a company called Vaunn Medical. I got it from Amazon & it $40 US. It's one of those little contraptions that you put on the floor & pedal, like a bicycle, but you sit in your own chair to do it. I use mine for 25 minutes each day while I'm watching tv. I can't tell you how much better my knees feel... and I need bilateral knee replacements so that goes to show how much my knees hurt. It's a lot safer than walking in bad weather... or rainy weather... or hot weather... etc. I wish you'd give it a whirl.

    ~Andrea XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling more cheerful today, Pat. We should get some warmer days later this week. I've had enough of the frigid temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling brighter. I hope things start shifting for you soon.
    What a lovely tradition you and hubby have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that beautiful pix on your blog - snow on the branches, even deeper snow on the ground and a golden ball peeping between the trees- picture perfect!! Sorry to hear about you predicament - walking is great for health issues. I walk when I am grumpy, harassed, to clear insomnia and when I am constipated. Hahah ... I am lucky I won't slip on an icy patch. Your Valentine idea with your hubby is really loving and GREEN too - save the forests

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...