Monday, January 03, 2022

Winter is now upon us.

Cold, snowy and cloudy Winter has finally arrived in S.W. Ontario.   As I write at 11:30 a. m. it is -7*C.  It is too slippery for me to venture out for a walk today, but the temp is suppose to moderate somewhat mid week, so could increase my walks then, to catch up on the ones I have not been doing.

When I put up our new 2022 calendar, I noticed we put the clocks ahead around mid March so at that time the evenings will be getting longer and we could look forward to Spring.  Two a half months of cold! I guess I can tolerate that, really don't have much choice.  I know I moan and groan about Winter, but it really is not all that bad.  

What is on the agenda today, I plan on sewing most of the afternoon, all the housework was done yesterday as I was putting all the Christmas decorations away.  Bathrooms and kitchen always need a "going over" but that is all the cleaning I will be doing today.  Have no idea what Hubby plans are, I  am sure he will find something to keep him busy.  There are several programs we have recorded for him to see, so that could be done this afternoon.

Dinner tonight will be some of the ham we had last night, a veg of some kind and salad.   Not sure what we will have for dessert, if we have any.

Not much going on here today, so will wish you all a good day, no matter what your plans are.  

   

2 comments:

  1. We had brilliant sun until mid-afternoon - sorry you missed that. But it was cold, as you said, and I only ventured out to post a letter. The sun had melted most of the ice so it wasn't too difficult walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days when there is nothing that HAS to be done. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...