Thursday, January 27, 2022

Glad we ventured out yesterday

 Woke this morning to a beautiful sky and in the center was a huge red ball of fire.  You know what they say. "Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning".  Now, at 10:30 a.m. the clouds have moved in, the wind has picked up some, we could have flurries of snow this afternoon and it is cold.

Going for a haircut this afternoon, the streets are clear so no worries about driving.

I really did mess up yesterday.   The clinic where Hubby went for his check up is next door to a fabric shop, so instead of waiting for the Dr. I should have just paid a visit to this shop.   Didn't even think of it, as we were busy chatting back and forth most of the time.   For those of you who are not sewers or quilters, a fabric shop would likely be the last shop you would go in, but for sewers of all kind, one of these shops cannot be passed by, even just for a look.  They are not responsible for anything that comes home with them, fabric and related items just pop into the bags and the credit card comes out automatically from their purse.   Its an addiction of sorts.  Next month Hubby has to go back for another appointment, no sitting in a waiting room for me.   I think a month is more than enough time to browse the web site of the fabric shop and start making a shopping list.  lol.

Almost at the end of January, it did not take long to go by, hope February goes by just as fast, (hate wishing my life away, but I do not like Winter),  by the time March comes around there is some hope of better weather.   

Dinner tonight, we have leftover roast beef to finish, so will do some veg and dinner is taken care of.

Keep warm or cool no matter what you do today.


2 comments:

  1. I saw the same red sky this morning, it was beautiful! I don't usually get up early enough in winter so it was a treat. Books are my downfall, I can't go by a bookstore without checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn shops for me. I never take the receipt as it is evidence!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...