Saturday, January 08, 2022

Not much Done Today.

Breakfast, shower, laundry and get ready for a 3/4hr. drive to a funeral.   We registered a couple of days ago and read all of the Covid  rulers and regulations.

It was a sad day for the family, as all funerals are,  I knew the deceased and only saw him a few times, however, Hubby and his late wife did a lot of camping years ago, when their children were young.  Due to the virus, there was not only the restrictions but, there was no socializing and fellowship with a luncheon afterwards.  There just seemed to be an abrupt halt to everything.  Don't get me wrong it was a lovely service, but certainly did not seem to be "finished".

The funeral home is where I had my late husband's service, and this was the first time I had been in this one since them.  Memories.    

The drive was a nice one, clear roads, and lovely sunshine, almost wanted one to keep on driving but, I needed the "loo".

So, as my title indicates nothing has been done today, that's OK,  that is my attitude these days, it will always be there tomorrow and even the day after.

Dinner tonight, stuffed chicken thighs, brussels, and carrots.   Some of the fruit and jelly is still left so we will have that.


6 comments:

  1. A sad occasion but good that it was possible to gather for the final send off. Can you give me a brief description of your stuffed chicken thighs? I have them quite often but have never stuffed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just my dish that I whipped up out of wondering what to have for dinner. I buy the boneless thighs, and pound them so they are as flat and big as I can get them before they are too thin. One time I had some mushrooms to use up, chopped them and mixed in some parmesan cheese, put in the middle of the thighs and wrapped the chicken around the mixture, securing with a couple of toothpicks. Next time I had some dressing leftover from our Christmas turkey which I had frozen and used that. Placed on a sheet pan once I had used some olive oil and salted and peppered. I used my toaster oven and 375* and used a thermometer to see when they were done. You could also wrap with a couple rashers of bacon, or stuff with anything really. Hope this makes sense.

      Delete
    2. Yum. Will give this a go for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the drive and the service was nice. Sounds like it's been way too cold there lately to be out and about. I hope all has been well in your world otherwise. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funerals are sad and it's even worse when you can't get together afterwards and reminisce. That's the most important part.
    As Chris asked ... recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the funeral meal afterwards always seems like the "finishing touch" in putting a loved one to rest. When that can't happen, it seems unfinished somehow. I'm so sorry for your loss. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...