Thursday, January 06, 2022

Diamonds

Did I get a new ring, necklace, bracelet or earrings?    No,   It is cold -7*C, the sun is trying very hard to poke its head out from behind a thin layer of clouds.  These clouds contain a certain amount of moisture, not enough for snow flakes.   However, this moisture is falling, as small ice crystals in the air and when the sun peeks through, the crystals shine like sparkling diamonds.  Very pretty indeed.   Sitting in the living room as I write, the sun is warming me, so comforting.  Warm sun, sparkling diamonds all I need now is a nice glass of white wine.   Oops, too early for that wine, will have to settle for a cup of tea.

I worked in my sewing room all afternoon and was able to get a lot accomplished, happy about that, plan on doing some more this afternoon, when some household chores are finished.

We have become a couple of couch potatoes.  We usually start to watch TV around, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. depending on the time something we want to watch comes on.  At this time of the year there is not much that interests us, however, we did see a hockey game and The Amazing Race, ( I should say--- "I" flipped back and forth between the hockey and the race, Hubby napped)  then the news, then some late night talk show,  then Hubby watched another talk show, he was ready to see this show due to his nap.    Do you know what time I went to bed?   1:30 a.m. and as a result, do you know what time I got up this morning?    8:30 a.m.  I can only justify that late hour, because I need seven hours of sleep.   Memo to myself,  "Go to bed earlier, in the future"

My second cousin who lives in England sent me a bouquet of flowers which arrived on Dec. 23rd. I have been faithfully, changing the water, clipping the stems and rearranging them in the vase.  I had the enjoyment of these beautiful flowers for a long time, however, today, I must dispose of the last blooms as they are looking quite sad.   

Dinner tonight leftover meatloaf, veg and a salad,  and disguise the fruit we had last night into something new for dessert.

Depending of where you live, have a great day,  keep warm or cool, but above all stay safe.


3 comments:

  1. I love your description of the ice crystals. We didn't get more than a couple of blinks of sun but at least it wasn't as dull and gloomy as it has been. How lovely to get fresh flowers - so cheering in the cold of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description only makes me want snow more and more! We have had tropical thunderstorms here and it's hot and sticky. The thunder is grumbling as I type. We are late to bed and late to rise people, too. Hubby often stays up way into the small hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today there is more "diamonds". I feel as if I am in a snowglobe. It is cold Brrrrr.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...