Thursday, January 13, 2022

MIssed You Yesterday

It was just one of "those" day when you have good intentions to do things and nothing gets done.  Well! I shouldn't say "nothing" because I did get some things accomplished but getting around to write to you, just did not happen.

So what did I do, I made several meals, scalloped potatoes and ham, and a stew, all of which were individually portioned out and will end up in the freezer for meals later. Just felt like working in the kitchen.   It  all sounds simple, but time consuming, at least for me, the peeling and chopping veg, then there's the trip out side  to the compost bin and finally the cleaning up.

Woke up this morning, it was so dark, I thought it was earlier that it was, so turned over and had another forty winks.  Waking a second time, it was still quite dark, the reason, cloudy and very foggy.   At 10:15 a.m. it is still as thick as pea soup out there.  Not going anywhere today.    We did have a dusting of snow last evening, and then the temp started to rise, thus the reason for the fog I assume.    I am quite comfortable inside and looking out the window today.

It maybe mild here in S.W. Ontario, however, not all of the province is.  One of my granddaughters and Hubby's nephew both live in Ottawa, Ontario, which is north of us by a few hundred miles, it gets a lot colder there.   Hubby received a video of  his nephew who lives in Ottawa, it show him outside with a small bucket  of hot water.  He throws the water in the air and it immediately becomes a vapour due to the -30*C temperature.  Now that is cold!!!!!  I tried to upload it here for you to see, but must be doing something wrong, which is not that hard for me, as it did not happen.  

Today, I am going to work on a quilt in the sewing studio, so will "see" you tomorrow.

   



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by! It's always a treat to hear what you've been up to. My day was similar (except for the quilting) and a lot more reading got done today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An indoor day here, too, but for the opposite temperatures. I love a good foggy day but we don't get them here.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...