Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Quieter

 The wind is not blowing, but we still have a few flakes of snow drifting down, it is also milder still below freezing but feeling warmer without the wind.  

I have a granddaughter living in Ottawa, Ontario, and chatting with her last night she said they had 50 cm of snow, which is approximately 19 1/2 inches and it is cold.

Grocery day, "yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas today",  and lots of fruit shelves and some veg were void of anything too, not even a random leaf or berry.   There were a lot of apples because they are grown here in our area, tomatoes and cucumbers are also grown in greenhouses, so  a good variety of those on display.  However,  if the imported produce is going to be non existent, people including me, will be substituting local produce, so it is possible they may be as rare as hens teeth to buy in the future.  What imported produce we are getting are pricey, a head of lettuce we $3.50 and they were very small.   More cereal shelves were empty compared to last week too.  I fear it will get worse before it gets better, so I picked up a couple extra cans of  fruit.

Got more spring cleaning done, I am on a roll almost finished and will be inside the  time frame I had set for myself for the end of the week.  

Received an email this morning, our quilting meeting will be on Zoom due to the restrictions in place, hoping we will be able to meet in person for our Feb. meeting. 

Hubby has a phone appointment tomorrow with his bone Dr. he had his density scan done a couple of weeks ago, so they will be discussing the results of that.  On Saturday, we both get our booster shot.

My bank account took a kicking because of my hearing aids charge was on my Visa statement, which I paid today,  I did receive a cheque from my health care provider, however, it was not as much as I had expected, but something is better than nothing, and hearing better is worth the money, so not really complaining.

Dinner tonight, chicken, veg and leftover scalloped potatoes from last night, also made a strawberry mousse for yesterday and we still have two portions of that for dessert.  It does not sound as if it should be a diabetics meal for Hubby but,  I guarantee it is under the carbs he should consume. 








4 comments:

  1. Still digging out here but it was a beautiful sunny day. I don't think I will get out to the store tomorrow either as I am only half way down my driveway! Hope there will be something left on the shelves when I do get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cloudy and a few flakes, sun tried later in the day with not much success.
      Take it easy with the digging.

      Delete
  2. Are your shortages due to the weather or global supply issues? We have nothing here because so many in the supply chain are isolating so no trucks, no abattoirs, no warehouse workers. It's quite unsettling.
    I don't understand people (my husband) complaining about the cost of things that make life easier. He got his hearing aids from Costco because they were cheaper than the normal suppliers and they are extremely good. He just won't wear them which is a great source of irritation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shortages, I think, with both weather and supply chain, as U. S. truckers are not allowed into the country unless they are vaccinated.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...