Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Blast of Winter

The forecast is predicting, high winds, snow and cold temps later today, temp is currently at 4*C.   But....Saturday we could  expect rain.   Sounds like a messy few days, will have to go with the flow.

Finished my guilds challenge yesterday, it is not due until our March meeting, but wanted to get it done so that I can start on some new projects.   Putting together the blocks for our guilds comfort quilt, then will make some bowl cosies for my children and also do a One Block Wonder quilt or quilts depending how much fabric I have.  I was given a lot of this particular fabric it is pretty, but very big flowers in bold colours, something I would not use in a regular quilt, but perfect to cut it for the One Block.   I have a lot of small scraps so want to find a pattern so that I can use up some of these pieces.   They seem to multiply overnight, lol 

A neighbour has a garage full of bagged leaves, so has asked Hubby if he would take them to the recycle when it opens this afternoon.   Hoping the snow is not blowing at that time, as it is an open area and would be very cold with the wind blowing.

I have taken some minced beef out of the freezer, so plan on making a meatloaf for dinner.   Lots on veg in the fridge, so will need to decide what to use.   Dessert, well, need to think about that too.

Not much else going on today, what about you.  have any exciting plans, any plans?



3 comments:

  1. Yes, it will be messy, better tuck my car away in the garage. My day was pretty quiet, the highlight was picking up some bird seed bells at Walmart. Exciting, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to stay cool. And out of the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather over at your place sounds really terrifying to me. For a person who has hot sunny days, I would be in bed to avoid the freeze all day. You are so very busy with the year just starting, I hope your quilt project goes smoothly and I think they will turn out beautiful. You must post pictures of your complete mission.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...