Sunday, January 30, 2022

A little bit and not much

 The little bit.....it is a bit warmer today, warmer!!! not really, maybe I should say not as cold.  Temp reading at noon today was -2.9*C cloudy, however, the sun is desperately trying to show it's face.   As we were watching the golf from California last night, the camera panned to the sun setting over the Pacific, such a large ball of fire sinking into the sea.   Beautiful colours.

The not much, is just that, not much on the agenda today, we were up earlier than we usually are on a Sunday and we watched the last of the tennis open from Australia.   Hubby cooked breakfast, and he is now watching a report on Tom Brady.   Me, I am here for a few more minutes and then going to do some sewing.  I would be going crazy if I did not have that to keep me busy on these Winter days.

The turkey pot pie I cooked last night was delicious and bonus there is enough for our dinner tonight, so just some extra veg to cook and it's done.  Not much to do.

I sent a birthday cheque to my granddaughter for her birthday which was on the 25th and she has not received it yet.   If it does not arrive by Feb 1st I am putting a stop payment on it.  It was  a substantial amount so anxious to see if does get to her,  if not I will give her another when she comes home for Easter, better late than never, so they say.

Time to move, have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the mail has been slowed by the major snowfalls recently. I know my mail man had a hard time trudging through the drifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minus 2.9 doesn't sound bad at all! Perhaps a nice brisk walk would be a great tonic and your sewing machine will be there when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paths and streets are too slippery for this old fart, do not want a fall.

      Delete

Joyce, Sally and Confused

 The weekend again, where did those five days go!  It must be due to me being busy in the sewing room, as the weather  was not that great to...