Saturday, January 29, 2022

20.2 and 20.1

 We have a remote thermometer outside which shows the temp on an monitor in the kitchen.  When we got up I look at it just to see what the low was last night and the current temp.   At 7:45 a.m. the inside temp was 20.2* C and the outside temp was --20.1*C a difference of 40*.  It did go down to -22*C overnight.   Today, the sun is bright again, not much heat in it though.

Laundry almost done, then some cookies are going in the oven, and will be making a turkey pot pie for dinner tomorrow night.  I retrieved a lasagna from the freezer for dinner tonight.  

I am using up some of the scraps of fabric that have accumulated over the years I have been quilting.   All of the colours are sorted and each colour is in a plastic container.   A quilting friend told me about a way of using up different colours as she is following a website which shows using a specific colour each month.  January is red so, up until today I have five blocks done and fabric for two more.  Grant you they are only six  and a half inches square but at least I am using some of this fabric that has been sitting around doing nothing.   So this afternoon I will be finishing those.

Brrrr, stay warm or cool and have a great Saturday.


4 comments:

  1. I like the idea for the quilt. You must show us what it's looking like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't venture outside at all today. I had a "funny turn" yesterday (dizzy nauseated, headachy) so spent most of the day in bed. Feeling a bit better today but didn't want to chance it.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...