Sunday, January 09, 2022

It's Going

We currently have a mild spell that won't last long but at least it is getting rid of some of the snow, making room for more.  lol   Cloudy today, freezing rain, rain and snow forecast, a rather mixed bag of weather, of which, we have had none at the present time.  Just fine with me.

Following the recommendations of those of authority, we purchased some N95 masks and wore them yesterday,   I don't know how health workers can wear those things for hours on end.  They must either get use to them or they are so busy they don't think about them anymore.  I suspect the latter.   I have always been taking any mask off when I get into my car if I have been out into a store.  For two reasons, I can sanitize my hands when its off and also to make sure I do  not remove my hearing aids with the elastic.   Yesterday, I was wearing a set of pearl earrings and lost one during the process of taking the mask off.   Looked in the car, but did not find it, so suspect it was caught in my coat and it fell out somewhere.  They were a gift I was given a long time ago.   

Not much on the agenda today,  Hubby is tinkering in the garage, and I will be giving the kitchen floor the once over and then working on the quilt currently under the sewing machine needle.  

We had a very late lunch yesterday, so was not really hungry at dinner time and  I really did not feel like cooking a big meal, so retrieved two servings of the turkey soup I made from the Christmas turkey, heated up some sausage rolls I still had left over from said occasion.   Fruit in jelly, and a small butter tart.   Easy Peasy.   Tonight, we will be having the chicken thighs stuffed with dressing, squash and brussles.  Dessert, there is some fruit in jelly left so will finish that.

 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a little mild spell and sorry to hear you lost a pearl earring, hopefully it will turn up. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions re: the stuffed chicken thighs. I usually de-bone them myself so will give it a try. I have been thinking about getting an N95 mask so pleased to read your comments on them,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have stopped wearing earrings with all the mask palaver and hubby refuses to wear his hearing aids. I think the mask is an excuse though. Have to ask - what's a butter tart? It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have also started wearing the N95 since December. We were lucky and received our booster for AZ last week, my daughter gets her this Sat. Before we can get over the Omicron, the Deltacron has been reported in Cyprus. I really wonder when all this will end. Hope you don't get a snow-in. Desserts are not really done here so our meals only consist of main course. Makes my life easier, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...