Sunday, January 23, 2022

Quilt

Woke to light snow falling and it looks as if it came down most of the night.   About  two inches on the ground, and accumulating as I write.   

Our appointment for our booster was as 3:40 p.m. yesterday, walking back to the car a couple of minutes prior to 4:00 p.m.   Not very many people getting their jabs.   My arm is very sore, during the night it woke me, or should say the loo called me, when getting back in bed I could not lay on my arm it hurt so much.  It is feeling a little better now, but I am feeling a bit lazy.   That is good as there is nothing pressing for me to do today, so will take things easy.   Here in Canada the Pfizer is given to those under 30 years of age, those above get the Moderna.  The Dr. who gave me my shot, asked me to confirm my age to make sure I was getting the proper one.   Wearing a mask can be deceiving I suppose, or just a matter of course for them to ask.  Anyway, I told him my age and he "no way" I said "yes"   "you certainly don't look that old" .  It made my day, or it could be again just idle conversation, I took it as a compliment.    So now will be fully vaxed in a couple of weeks.   

As promised I am posting a photo of the quilt our group made and I put together for the chemo unit as a local hospital

Each member made a block, there are four on the back.   We are hoping to have an in person meeting late February, so will give it to the member to take to the hospital, with some of the other quilts which have been completed.  

Roast beef for dinner, cauliflower "potatoes", broccoli, and some leftover brussels.  Desser not sure if there is going to be any.

 



 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely doctor! All my shots have been Pfizer and I'm definitely over 30, there must be different protocols for each Health Unit. I had no discomfort with any of my shots. The quilt is beautiful! How talented you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely. Do the patients get to keep them or are they washed after use. I have worked in a chemo unit and the touches of home are well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patients get to keep them and bring them to the unit every time they receive chemo. Our group has received many "Thank You's" say how much the quilts are appreciated.

      Delete

Joyce, Sally and Confused

 The weekend again, where did those five days go!  It must be due to me being busy in the sewing room, as the weather  was not that great to...