Saturday, January 22, 2022

Great day

Sunshine pouring in the windows meant we did not need the heater on, just the defogger for the windshield.  The roads were clear and not much traffic about so great day for travelling.   We were on the road shortly after lunch for the hour and half ride to see my sister B.  I really cannot remember when I saw her last, it had to be before Winter, possibly early Autumn.   The Christmas gift, to her and she was pleased with it, so that was good.   We visited all afternoon with a  pot of tea and a piece of apple pie, catching up on all the news from our families.  She mentioned her confidence level in driving is not very good at the present time, she is only comfortable going to the nearest town to do her necessities once a week and back home.  She lives in the country, so little traffic at the best of times, so she is quite happy to do that trip when needed.  Her daughter lives a short distance from her, so if she needs to go any further than she needs to, her daughter takes her.   The very thing of not being confident in my driving is a great fear for me, I hate to think of having to rely on someone else to get me from point A to point B.  It may come to that one day, but at the present time I manage very well with my driving, even in the busy city in which I live.   Feeling a lot better about it since I had my cataracts removed.   

We left quite late, 5:00 p.m. so when we arrived home it was getting too late for me to cook dinner, so we cheated and went to a fast food drive through, we were good and ordered the most healthy item on their menu, came home to eat and finished up the fruit in jelly for dessert.  

So it was a great day, a great trip, a great visit and a great dinner.

Today it is still cold and cloudy with the sun trying desperately trying to get through the clouds, but not having much success.   Light snow is in the forecast for this afternoon and for the next few days.   

This afternoon we get our booster jab, so hope we do not have any after effects tomorrow.   I have heard some people are very tired and achy, time will tell.  Nothing on the agenda for tomorrow so no worries. 

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely day - glad it went off without a hitch. I also dread the day when driving myself isn't an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect visit. It so hard to face not driving. Sometimes people aren't given a choice which is heartbreaking. My father had a stroke and couldn't understand why he could no longer drive. We had to remove the car from his garage. I breezed through my booster (Pfizer after AZ x 2) but a friend just had hers and couldn't even get out of bed to go to the loo for a day. Fingers crossed you are more like me!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...