Friday, January 07, 2022

Baby it's cold outside

 Must be January, as it is below zero C at nighttime and during the day.  Today the sun is competing with the clouds, sometimes it wins, sometimes it loses.  We also have snow, earlier there were a lot of "diamonds".  Looking out the window I thought I was in a snowglobe.   As I write, we have flakes falling softly, no wind to blow them around into drifts, well not yet anyway.

I am so glad Hubby has accepted his retirement and is now doing very well surfing the net and finding out information that he wants to read etc.   These Winter days are not days when he wants to be outside, if it is not absolutely necessary.   It does appear though he may be outside removing snow from the driveway later today.  We will need it cleared as we go to the funeral tomorrow for his BIL.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get a lot done on the quilt currently under the sewing machine needle.   All the blocks are together just attaching the border fabric and then will sandwich it with the batting and backing.  I will be quilting this one on my sewing machine, nothing fancy, I don't do fancy as it never seems to work out as I envisioned it, so I stick to straight lines.   Painters masking tape is what I use to keep the lines straight, measuring and attaching it, sewing along the side of it, removing it with no marks or residue, then move on to the next line that needs to be stitched.  Works very well.  This afternoon I will be doing just that.

Dinner tonight, It's Friday? right?   so fish, mushrooms, salad and fruit in jelly.



3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's pretty cold here too, but no snow to speak of. We are obviously in different weather zones! So impressed by your quilting skills - it's something I would love to be able to do but I think I am too old to learn a new skill. I find knitting difficult enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be snug inside on a cold snowing day with your quilting. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your household sounds very cozy, Pat... quilting, snow falling, perfect winter scene. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...