Sunday, January 02, 2022

Back to Normal

 The decorations came down today, everything looked so bare after having lights on the tree and bits and bobs scattered around, festive cushions on the sofa and Christmas cards we received displayed for all the see.  So back to normal.   My poinsettia is still as  nice as it was when I got it from the garden centre.  Several years ago I kept one for three years, in the Summer it was outside and  when I brought it in, in the Fall, I put it in the dark fruit cellar for the required number of hours every day and eventually it bloomed  for two Christmas, it became quite large and I transplanted it into a bigger pot which i believed eventually killed it.  Will see how this one on the hearth, looks when Spring and warmer weather gets here.

We had a lovely afternoon visit with my GD , K and her boyfriend I,  yesterday afternoon.   They both made a new years resolution to read more books instead of being on their phones, they realized  how much time they waste scrolling stuff on the screen.   K will be 24 years old in three weeks, but we will not see her until Easter, so a cheque will be in the mail for her.   

It started to snow late yesterday and we woke to three inches of snow, Hubby used the snow thrower to clear off the driveway.  It has turned cold also, so maybe this snow is the beginning of it all staying, unless we get milder temps later, however, don't expect that to happen any time soon.  

Ham, baked potato and cauliflower for dinner tonight not sure if we will even have dessert.\



3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling lucky with my poinsettia too. It's still looking good after three weeks. I did keep one over the summer once but it never did flower again. So nice that your GD visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poinsettias are in the garden centres here at Christmas. I wonder how they get them to flower in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all has to do with darkness for a number of hours in every 24. When I have travelled to the Caribbean, I have seen poinsettia so big they are trees.

      Delete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...