Thursday, July 29, 2021

One and a half inches

Woke this morning with the thunder rolling over head and the rain coming down so fast  and heavy we could hear it on the roof.  Normally we do not hear it.   More rain, until about 10:00 a.m. and the sky cleared and we now have sunshine and a few clouds.

Getting  all clothes and necessities ready for the weekend, I am one of those people who must have everything done in plenty of time and I make lists of things that need to go in at the last minute.  Hate rushing around trying to decide what to take and worry about forgetting something.  

Several years ago Hubby and I rented a house boat for ten days, niether of us had ever drove a pontoon houseboat before,  and we did pretty good.  There were a couple of docking oopsies  when the wind was blowing, those boats are like a big sails in the wind.   What I am talking about is the list of things to take subject,  I had planned out all of our meals, there were a couple when we went to a restaurant, but my planning was so good, we came back with only two hot dogs and the condiments.  Everything else was eaten.  Hubby was quite impressed and I was too.  So making lists is important to me when going away even for a long weekend trip.

I bought some of my favorite wine, and will get a fruit tray just before we leave to meet everyone.  The host family is supplying the evening meal.   Looking forward to seeing everyone, can you tell!

A  load of laundry is currently swishing around in the washer and one in the dryer, don't want to come home with mounds of laundry to do.  

On Monday one of my granddaughters and her hubby are bringing the great grands over in the afternoon to play in our yard and go for a walk in the woods opposite us, she is bringing snacks for them and I have ice cream.  Will give the b-day presents on that day too.   

Pork chops for dinner tonight veg and a salad, dessert was made last night and there is still a bit left for tonight.

I am going to make a picnic lunch for our trip tomorrow, as I need to use up some chicken, don't want it sitting in the fridge until Monday.

So that is all for me today, I will be back after the weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL weekend, Pat. I'll be thinking about you and can't wait to hear all about it when you come home. Stay safe and enjoy! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...