Friday, July 09, 2021

Miserable....not me......the day

The weather has done a complete turn around, early this week it was so hot you couldn't breath, now it is cold and I mean like 16*C wet and windy cold.  No better weather is predicted for a few days.    

We have had almost 2 inches of rain  in the last 24 hours and the flowers in the garden look a bit battered  because the rain came down so hard.   Only positive, I don't need to water the tomatoes or the garden for a couple of days.  Do need some sunshine to start ripening the tomatoes,  we shall get some soon, I hope.

Not much happening around the estate today, Hubby has no work to do outside other than put the repaired wheel back on the tractor.  He is currently on his computer, he only started using one within the last year.  It is quite a learning curve if you have not been using one before.  I try to help him as much as I can, but I don't know a lot, enough to get by.

Got some sewing done yesterday, will be doing some more this afternoon. When the project I am working on in finished the sewing studio is going to get a good tidy.   I have a tendency to make a big mess when doing my projects,  fabric, thread, rulers etc. etc. all over the place.  Will we finishing the quilt for our bed, it has been a long time trying to get it done, as I put aside to do guild sewing projects.  Now we are not having meetings during the Summer I can work on this quilt.

It is Friday, so fish for dinner, nothing else decided as yet, but I am sure there will be enough for us to eat, there always is.

Have a great day no matter what your plans.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, here in Indiana it is blessedly cool too. I will think about you enjoying the same, as I go about my chores. Happy Weekend! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is just crazy everywhere! Enjoy your sewing this afternoon, and have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy weather abounds!

    Here, we have been so rainy and humid, everything feels "damp," all the time. Ugh.

    Sat. Sun. beautiful sun. Enjoy it while we can.

    Yes, all the rain and no need to water anything!

    "You can't stay in your corner of the forest
    waiting for others to come to you.
    You have to go to them sometimes."

    ~A. A. Milne
    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...