Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Shopping - not impressed

 Yesterday, I decided it was time to purchase great grandchildren's birthday gifts.  I do not buy toys, they are Mum and Dads responsibility, usually clothes or books from me.  Oh! and the occasional quilt.

Headed to a local Mall,  we can now go into a Mall,  Yey.   Went to the children's clothing store at which I have bought clothes before with much success, I might add.   Not this day, there was not much selection to choose from and what there was did not appear to have good quality fabric and they were pricey.  

 The reasons I can think of a few.  

 1. The stores are trying to recoup some of their losses.  Which would account for the prices on the tags. and I can understand, all stores have lot a lot of revenue these past few months.

2. They have had no shipments of new stock come in, due to transportation issues plus the stores were not open to receive.   Which would account for the poor selection of garments.

3. People have been flocking to the store now they are open.  I can understand that too, as not everyone is comfortable buying online, including me.

So I did not buy anything  for the GG's, I am going out again this afternoon to another store which I also like for kids clothes, maybe I will have better luck there.  

We use a certain type of hand washing soap and have all but run out of our supple, so I was able to stock up on that.  I had to line up outside the store, with a staff member allowing people in when one person cane out, as all the stores have occupancy restrictions depending on the size of the store.

Weather, last evening we had one flash of lightning, one rumble of thunder and about five minutes of rain.  It did clear the sky a bit as today, the sun is brighter.  Nice day actually, no humidity to speak of.

Dinner tonight, Hubby is cooking a steak on the BBQ, veg and salad, Strawberries for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't have any luck with the clothes, hope it went better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have gone to the store I went to yesterday, got everything I wanted. All on sale. Whooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine the stores run out of things quickly, with people being "Set Free" again!!!!! Plus your other reasons.

    Good there is another possible store, though.

    🌼🍑💛🍑🌼

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...