Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I am back

 Yesterday was just one of those days, groceries in the morning, then we went to a local farmer his corn on the cob is ready.  He has lovely corn every year.   This is the only way I like corn, frozen, canned no not for me.  We each had one last night with our dinner and will do the same for tonight.  

I was also getting  my haircut early afternoon, so we had lunch at 11:30 a.m.  I have been washing my own hair before getting it cut these days, just another precaution.  To do that I took out my hearing aids and the right one got stuck in my ear as the dome had broken off the wire.  A quick call to make an appointment to get it fixed, then off I went.   My wallet a bit lighter from those two stops I thought I needed to reward myself, so to speak.  So bought a new pair of capri's, the one I have been wearing are as old as the hills and have seen better days.  Happy with the purchase.

As I mentioned last nights dinner, corn on the cob, chicken and salad, jelly with fruit.

We then went for a lovely ride with the top down, just as we were approaching the city rain drops on the windshield.   Last year we had the same thing happen but we thought it was just a shower, nope and downpour, putting up the top was a nightmare, we were drenched.   As we did not want the same thing to happen last night we stopped immediately and put the top up.  And, as you would know it, it stopped raining, sometimes you just can't win.

Not much else going on around the estate today, Hubby wants to cut the grass again, but due to rain overnight he is waiting for the sun to dry it up.  Our cherry tomatoes are finally started to ripen, no colour yet from the beefsteak variety.

Not sure what is on the menu for tonight, still time to make a decision.

Have a great day.



2 comments:

  1. I love fresh corn on the cob. How wonderful to be able to buy it straight from the farmer. How do you cook yours? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This corn was delicious, I boil it in water for just a four or five minutes. This was fresh and young that's all it took.
    I have soaked to cobs with the greens still on them, in water for an hour of so, and placed them on the BBQ, it is more difficult to determine if they are cooked this way though. The steam in the husks cook the corn, plus the silk and hucks come off easy.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...