Sunday, July 11, 2021

Rain and more rain

 The clouds have opened up and it is raining again,  the weather network on the web is indicating that this is the order of the day and possibly many days during the coming week.  Only positive, I don't need to water the gardens.   The plants do a lot better with rain water anyway....the negative/.......so do the weeds.

Hubby was able to get our lawn cut yesterday for which he was happy about.

My car is currently in the garage, hopefully tomorrow the mechanic will have some good news for me, I hope.    I was going to go to the grocery store on Tuesday, however, the lever to shift the gears would not more.  Glad this happened in the driveway, not when I was out somewhere.   Car towed to garage and I had a call on Friday, which said  a new part would cost $400.00 - $500.00, plus labour, looks like a big chunk is coming out of my bank account.  However, if he is able to get a used part it will be a lot cheaper, but wondering, how long is a used part going to last!   My car is a Chrysler 300, which is a big car, not that I need a car like that, however, when my husband was alive he needed a car that size so that he was able to get in and out.  So....what I am thinking is keeping this one for the time being, driving it through the Winter and in the Spring getting a newer smaller car, as I do not need a big one.  I don't do much driving but I need the independence of going somewhere if I want to.  I will be 80 in November ,(how did that happen) so will need to take a test to keep my license to drive.  That is one of the reasons I had my cataracts removed, as an eye test is mandatory in this test.  Which it should be.   

 Hubby has three cars,  two are convertibles.  One is a classic and I cannot drive it, I am short and cannot see over the hood because it is so long, it is in storage during the Winter,  The other is a more up to date car but is never driven in wet weather.  His third is an SUV which he drives all the time, so I do need a vehicle for myself.

Hubby is watching the tennis on TV and I am here writing to you.   Later the plan is to do some sewing and then of course must think about dinner.   We have some of the potatoes left, so need to find some meat of some kind and a veg.  might just get some of the lemon poke cake out of the freezer for dessert.

So that is all from me today, have a great day 


8 comments:

  1. Hurray for 80 years young, Pat!! I think the "small car" you need to buy must be a roadster hot-rod of some sort. You know, in celebration of your 80th year or something!! Just doo eeeet, girl!! *lol* ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hot-rod sounds like fun..lol... Hubby has a Mustang 1957, do you know how hard it is to get out of that car? Not an easy thing to do believe me. It is so close to the ground it's like you are sitting on the road. I have several months to consider the "wheels". LOL

      Delete
  2. Different countries.... Same weather forecast. -sigh- It is getting depressing.

    Keep that car running now. Because of the shortage of "chips," cars can not be made. And so... New and used cars, are costing more. Supply and Demand. Hope by spring, this situation will be solved.

    My husband loves old cars/trucks too! Has one of each, but they are not on the road at present. For us, we have a not new Honda. Which we intend to keep cared for and running.

    Let's figure out, how we are not going to let this depressing weather, depress us!!!!

    "During this heatwave,
    please remember to dress
    for the body you have,
    not the body you want."

    - Unknown
    ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My late husband had a 1957 Desoto, pink and white no less, when he passed I did not want to keep it. Too long for me to drive.
      I certainly dress for my body, the body I want, it is still there but camouflaged with an extra layer of insulation OLO.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about all the rain but like you said, your plants will be very happy! I've been driving a small car for years now and I love it, they are so much easier to zip around in than big cars. I wouldn't worry much about a used part, they usually hold up just fine. Have a great Sunday evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop that repairs my car is really good, so don't have much of a worry about the part, if it was no good he would advise me.

      Delete
  4. I recently got a Hyundai to replace my Mazda. It was a case of get what we've got and I was lucky they had the colour and model I wanted. The wait for new cars in Australia is ridiculous.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a poke cake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My poke cake is: a regular cake usually lemon flavour, I usually bake it in a 9 x 13 pan. while warm I poke holes in it and because hubby like lemon, I make a glaze and pour it over the cake. It goes down into the cake and makes it very moist. Some people use a jelly and pour that over the cake.
    I freeze portions and they are as good as just baked when we eat them weeks later.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...