Saturday, July 17, 2021

When will it end?

 Another dark, dreary, wet day and  cooler, well almost cold to what the temps are normally at this time of the year.   I feel sorry for those who have decided to do some outside activities, not a good time to be doing that.   Hope where you are it is sunny and warm and you can enjoy the outsoors.

Laundry in the process of being done, some tidying  already taken care of,  time to look at the web, and write to my blog "friends".  

What do you do when it is a miserable day outside??

In the Summer my late husband and I would be at our mobile home on the shores of Lake Erie.  We had a permanent site in a campground, and went there most weekends and also a couple of weeks in the Summer.  The Summer I am remembering today, can't recall the year.   It was a Summer much like today, but every day was wet and cool.   Late husband wanted to get his money's worth from the  camping and boating season, so we went even if the weather was not fit for man nor beast.   He would go out with other fisherman which left me  in the mobile home, we had a TV and I had my knitting needles and yarn.  That Summer I made four pullover sweaters.  One for each of my three children and one for myself.   Back then I did a lot of knitting,  I have not picked up my needles for a long time.  Maybe it is something I could get back into to have a change from quilting.  So on a day like today at the present time, when all of the necessary jobs in the house are done, I retreat to my sewing studio.   And you do what?????

Today is the first day I am going to seriously begin to loose some weight, I don't like the way I feel so frumpy, and I don't like the way I look.   Don't get me wrong, I am not fat, just need to lose about 10 lbs. and I would be happy.  So wish me luck.   

Dinner last night was delicious, if I do say so myself.   Tonight, we will be having a roast of beef, with a large salad and green veg.  No dessert for me.   Day one all sorted.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to knit. I always wanted to learn but never did. My bad! :) I wish you good luck on your diet (the dreaded D-word). Give it two weeks of adjustment and you will be hard-pressed to even want to put something sweet in your mouth. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mother taught me how to knit when I was about 8 or 9 years old. There are a lot of videos on U tooobe, if you are so inclined. I found it to be a relaxing craft.
      One day done, I did good, even went for a walk.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the dreary wet weather. I usually like to read a good book on days like that. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day improved after lunch.
      Did good yesterday even di a nice walk, day two......

      Delete
  3. It's cold and wet in Melbourne, Australia, too - but it's winter so it's meant to be! After having to bath our two large german shepherds this morning because MUD!!!! my house is in dire need of a good clean but until the weather improves I can't see the point. I recently took up knitting after decades of not and discovered knitting garments from the top down. Brilliant. But today I shall weave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you stay warm.
      I have been there and done that with dogs, so I know how yu feel about cleaning.
      Knitting from the top down sounds interesting, enjoy your weaving, what are you making?

      Delete
  4. Same weather here.... Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain... With a day or so of sun, now and then.... Ugh....

    But we should be thankful, we are not being flooded out, like in some European countries.

    Good for you, with the desire to lose a few pounds. It's harder, with every year we age, I feel. But if you have determination, and it is because YOU want to, it is the best way. Gooood Luckkkkk!

    Gentle hugs,
    🌸✨🌸✨🌸

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...