Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Grocery Day

 We were a little later getting our groceries today as Hubby's SUV had an appointment for a recall check at 8:45 a.m.  The store was no busier than it use to be when we went at 7:00 a.m. and everyone was wearing their masks as were we, even though we have been fully vaccinated.

Yesterday I made additional copies of our vaccination receipts and copies are in all four cars and in our wallets, if anyone should ask for proof we have had both shots.

Today is going be hot and very humid,  along with the poor air quality, due to the smoke from the wildfires in Northern Ontario.  The sun is still trying to get through the layer of smoke which is up in the atmosphere.   After dinner last night the sun was bright orange due to the smoke.   We are expected to have thunderstorms and rain later today, so we are hoping, as everyone is, it will help  clear the air.  Don't know if it will assist the firefighters or not, as they may not be getting the same weather we are predicted.

After lunch, I am going to do some shopping for my great grands birthdays, I feel more comfortable going into the stores  now after seeing the customers in the grocery store this morning, all masked up.  

July 20 already where does the time go, Summer will be over before we know it.   We usually go on vacation in the Fall, but  have no plans to do any at the present time.  I would like to take a weekend and go somewhere.  We are going to the reunion in a couple of weeks, so that will be a nice break.

Several years ago, my son, who is an avid golfer, won the lottery to buy tickets to go to the Masters Golf Tournament in Atlanta.  He had four tickets for his family, however, his son could not go, so I was invited.   I had a great time even though I am not a golfer.   Since then, I have been putting my name in the lottery,  and today I received an e-mail advising if I had won to opportunity to buy tickets. But no.  Disappointed,  as Hubby watches golf on Tv, not a player now but was years ago.  I was hoping to be able to present him with tickets for his birthday,  I will enter for next  lottery and see what that brings.

Dinner today, chicken and veb, salad, and strawberries. 

Last night's dinner was burgers, I had the meat and no bun, and no dessert.   I am determined.


  


1 comment:

  1. The masks will probably help with the poor air quality too. Glad to hear everyone is still wearing them there. Have fun shopping this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...