Tuesday, July 13, 2021

What do I see in the sky????

 We had rain overnight and several showers so far today, however, at the present time there is a big ball of fire in the sky.......sunshine albeit covered with clouds occasionally.

When we received our second vaccine, we were asked if we wanted the receipt then and there or get one through my e-mail, we opted for the e-mail receipt.  That was a big mistake... we did receive the e-mail, however, the pdf attachment was in a format that my computer programmes cannot read.   I have been on the web site where I could get a receipt, download it and then print it but they have no record of  us having our shot. So frustrating.    I know they are busy but this is the computer age, if they can give me one at the site surely there must be one on file somewhere.   I will call my son, he is an IT guy so maybe he can help.

Yesterday, while Mother Hubbards cupboard (fridge) was bare, I decided to give it a good clean, there were only a couple of things that were outdated a bit too much to use, so they went in the trash.   I do not like to throw out food, but also do not want to take any chances on eating something that should not be consumed.   All spick and span now, and was ready for our grocery shop today.  Did not have to get so early as the store does not open until 8:00 a.m. now.

We had pizza and a garden salad for dinner last night, it was nice for a change.

Tonight, being Tuesday is chicken and I am going to make fried rice to go with it along with a veg. strawberries for dessert.

Better get busy with the rice, short post today, will visit here again tomorrow.



9 comments:

  1. Sure hope you can get that receipt figured out - what a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter #1 is going to print them for me, she has the correct program, so problem solved, I hope.

      Delete
  2. We are fortunate to be able to log into our government's website and access our immunisation records. Makes life much easier as every immunisation is there.
    Your evening meals are inspiring. Might do fried rice tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that on our county web site, however, it indicated there was no record of our covid vaccination. Daughter #1 is printing them for us.
      Dinner was lovely, rice turned out beautifully, will do that again sometime.

      Delete
  3. Ooooooh, I hate it when things on the computer don't work out right. Pooey! I hope you get your situation straightened out, Pat. I always thought that if something is in pdf format, then any pdf reader could open it. You do have a pdf reader installed on your computer? I'm surprised I even know THAT much!! Your supper sounds delicious! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Situation solved, daughter #1 is going to print them off for us. I do have a pdf reader, apparently it does not like the format this attachment used.
      Supper was lovely.

      Delete
  4. -sigh- Wrong choice. "A bird in the hand, is worth 2 in the bush." That old saying applies.

    We got a card, with 1st shot. With all info. Brought it back, for 2nd. 2nd info put on it. Now we have everything.

    So I don't understand what your "receipt" is....

    Oh please come down and clean my refrig!!!! I do so hate that job. LOL

    And I know what you mean, about things like PDF's not being *liked,* by our computers. 'Course, our computers are old!!!

    But you are all fixed up now.

    πŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸ’›πŸ‘πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should also have a card, I have a card that lists all the other needles etc that I have had. I think the whole innoculation process was done so fast, all of the necessary information, thus we are getting a piece of paper which confirms we have had the two vaccines. However, that is not working well at all. Governments, will never understand how they can have so many people working there and it seems they never get anything done. Now our federal government is on "VACATION" until the fall. Don't get me started. LOL
      Have a great day.

      Delete
    2. Should read: all of the necessary information was not thoroughly investigated, thus........

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...