Monday, July 19, 2021

What do I write today? UPDATE

There is very little happening on the estate today, so searching my brain for something to write about.   Writers block I would assume or just a day with not much going on.

Anyway, the weather is looking good for today, a nice breeze, not to hot and the sun is shining, who can ask for more.

In previous posts I have mentioned the Gypsy moth traps, there were quite a few in them today, so time to empty and set them up again, so that was a job for this morning.  Also changed the bag that traps the Japanese Beetles.  We seem to be overrun with bugs of  every shape and size this year.   

Two days into my eating less,  ( it's not a diet, if I call it that my mind thinks starvation),  so eating less carbs is the way I am  handling this weight loss.  Hubby still eats the same food, but my plate does not have the  carbs on it.  He is fortunate as he really does not have a weight problem just the little belly that comes with the middle age spread.  

We had issues printing off our vaccination receipt, so #1 daughter did it for us on her computer and printed them.  Last night we visited them to pick up the copies.  I asked her if she could scan them and  send them in an e-mail to me and I can print off more if needed.  So that little job is all taken care of.

I have mentioned the quilting guild I belong to is having a potluck get together  and I have been assigned a "dessert".   Looking at some recipes I found "Boston Cream cup cakes"   Yep that is what I am taking.   I thought this would be a good idea for those who do not want to touch food and utensils that other people have touched to serve themselves.  Some people are still a bit nervous, even if they have had the vaccines.  And rightly so, so this will avoid any problems.   Also, I can leave one for Hubby for his dessert that evening.

Dinner tonight not sure yet, will need to think a little more about it.  So with that I will go and dig around in the freezer.

Have a great day.

UPDATE

As the day has progressed the blue sky we had has now turned misty and the bright sunshine now not as bright due to high cloud.  OR....... is it cloud?   Just looking at the weather network and it is SMOKE.   Smoke from the 800 wildfires that are burning across Canada, mostly out west and in Northern Ontario.    Our weather usually comes from the West or North West,  so when the wind got up later this morning it blew the smoke towards the East.  Looking in the distance you can actually see  it, just like a light misty fog.   There is just a hint of the smell in the air.

Scary to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your daughter was able to help you out with the vaccination receipt. Cupcakes definitely sound like a good option for the potluck, and Boston Cream cup cakes sound delicious besides. I sure hope they are able to get those fires under control soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves Boston Creme Pie, so these would sound delightful, to him. -smile-

    You are getting the smoke!!!!!!!!

    Last night, we noticed that the waxing moon, looked orange! Not natural. Then my husband wondered if it could be the smoke, from the out-west-fires!

    We are way over on the North East of the US. The fires are way over on the West. Our winds/weather come west to east. But betcha' this is why our moon looks Orange.

    Gentle hugs,
    ✨🌸✨🌸✨

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...