Saturday, July 03, 2021

Lovely Day

 After a cool evening last night, we woke to a nice mix of sun and cloud and it warmed up when all those clouds disappeared. It is nice to have no humidity,  I can handle the heat but not that.

Laundry done and put away, we don't have a lot these days.   Just the usual pick up and tidy around the house.  I have just returned from a 1.8 mile walk, I did 1.6 miles yesterday.  Over the past few months I have been very negligent in walking, so on July 1st decided to do more walking.  Have a bit of a hitch in my "git along" so may have done a bit too much.  Tomorrow I will do a shorter one and see how It feels on Monday and decide long or short walk again.

On the route I took yesterday, I saw a lot of wild black raspberries, so the walk today was the same but I took a container with me and picked enough to add to dessert tonight.  They are currently in a weak water and vinegar solution to draw out any bugs or worms.

Burgers on the BBQ, potato salad and garden salad  and for dessert lemon cake with black raspberries.

Not much happening here on the estate today, Hubby is taking it easy and even had a sesta after lunch.

Have a good weekend.


2 comments:

  1. We had burgers for our main meal today too, Pat, but fried on the stove. I like burgers on the grill MUCH better! I admire you for starting to walk again. I am soooooo negligent about that. I need to start again too. I"ll think of you for inspiration! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are getting back to your walking, as of today my daily walks are on hold for now. More about that in tomorrow's post. Your dinner sounds like the perfect summertime meal. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...